It Memorial Day weekend and time for some throwbacks to my dishes that are great for entertaining because Jackie’s Eats & Treats can entertain 😉
If you’re responsible for a poolside/campside/fireside munchie, I might suggest the following:
- Queso Fundido – This is crowd-pleaser and will turn heads with it’s crispy chorizo and cheesy goodness.
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits – This quick and easy “treat” can be whipped up in no time.
- Salsa Verde – Just want some chips and salsa, here’s a quick and easy recipe for making your own salsa.
- Pimento Cheese Spread – This is a poolside favorite at our house and never lasts. If you want a cheese spread that will impress, I suggest this favorite which is made ahead of time!
Need some inspiration for the grill or a side salad.
- Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad – This makes for a great cold salad with spicy pepperoni, pickled vegetables and fresh basil and tomatoes.
- Better Than Olive Garden Italian Dressing – If you’re bringing or serving a salad, here’s a great recipe for Italian Dressing that I’d stack up to Olive Garden’s.
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Apple Kimchi Slaw – These recipe is great with pork, chicken or short ribs and can be made ahead time and then finished on a grill sheet for crispy char. The Apple Kimchi Slaw is AMAZING!
- Chimichurri Sauce – Need a bright sauce for your grilled steak or pork, this sauce is for you!
Cocktails to impress:
- Pineapple Vacation Cocktail – This pineapple, rum and coconut milk cocktail is a perfect refreshment while you’re enjoying sunshine.
- Lemon Meringue Cocktail – This lemon, egg white cocktail is perfect for an evening by the fire.
I hope these recipes will inspire your holiday weekend with friends and family, cheers 🍻