Delicious Thai Curry Chicken Skewers here with amazing Peanut Sauce 😋!!!
This munchie has everything you want in a Thai dish; i.e. sweet, salty with a bit of sour and heat 🌶️. This dish was inspired by Thai Street food because who doesn’t love grilled meat on a stick 😋.
I hope you enjoy and please share your feedback if you give these a try, cheers 🥂
- 1½ lbs chicken tenders, thighs or breast, boneless skinless and cut into 1inch pieces
- ¼ cup coconut milk, shaken
- 2 tsp ginger, grated finely
- 2 tsp garlic, grated finely
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2⅓ tsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- sea salt, for seasoning the chicken
- ¼ cup coconut milk solids, skim the solids out of the milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP red or green curry paste
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2+ TBSP water
- Toasted peanuts, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- With the exception of the chicken, add all the Chicken Satay ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine together. Add the chicken pieces and the marinade to a food storage bag and marinade for at least 4 hours to overnight in the refrigerator. Turn the bag occasionally and message the chicken while it marinades.
- When you're ready to grill the chicken, remove the bag from the refrigerator and thread the chicken onto wet bamboo skewers.
- Grill to perfection, ~12-15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Garnish as desired and serve with my tasty peanut sauce, enjoy and cheers 🥂
- Add the Peanut Sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and warm on medium until the sauce is well combined.
- Remove from the heat and add to the serving bowl for dipping, enjoy!