This is delicious 4 ingredient taco, that is definitely worth the read. I love chorizo and all the spiciness that sausage delivers and if you haven’t checked out my ground chorizo recipe yet, get on over there.
This dish was inspired because I have my own garden fresh potatoes and I visited Tendercrop Farms over the weekend and they have their own chorizo sausage.
Chorizo sausage is not easy to find in our local supermarkets, which is why I make my own and we’re lucky Tendercrop comes to the rescue when we’re without. Their chorizo definitely packs the heat 👍.
Some cooking notes…
- Cook your ingredients into small dices. Since you’re using ground chorizo sausage, you want to cut your potatoes and onion into small dices, which allows you to stuff your tortilla with all that goodness.
- Parboil your potatoes. Parboiling is simply cooking potatoes until just about ready. For this dish, cut or peel your potatoes into small dices. Parboil in boiling salted water for 5 minutes and drain and set aside until you’re ready to combine with the chorizo.
- Finally, create crispy chorizo and the crispier, the better. Creating the crisp cooks out the fat and adds another level of deliciousness 😋 Depending on the fat content for your sausage, you might need to add additional olive oil or a tablespoon of butter to help create the desired crispiness.
I’m excited to deliver this post because Chorizo and Potato Tacos have intrigued me for some time because of the simplicity of the ingredients (yes, only 4 ingredients) and I hope you enjoy!
I bet you’re drooling, so let’s get cooking!
Chorizo & Potatoes Tacos
Ingredients, yes you see EVO and salt & pepper, but those are just needed for the cooking process 😉
- 1lb of ground chorizo sausage
- Remove the sausage casing, if needed
- 2 cups of potatoes, small diced pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 of red onion, small diced pieces
- Salt & pepper, as desired for seasoning
Fixings for your tacos
- Warm or grilled tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Slice jalapeno
- Check out my Mexican Birthday Fiesta post for my guacamole recipe
1. Prepare your four ingredients and parboil your potatoes once cut.
2. Add some olive oil to a nonstick pan and warm to medium. Add your onion and garlic once the oil is warm and cook until slightly translucent. Salt and pepper, if you desire.
3. Now add your chorizo and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Now add your parboiled potatoes and cook together until the chorizo is crisped to your liking.
5. Spoon the chorizo potato mixture until a tortilla and top with your favorite taco fixings. I hope you enjoy and cheers 🍻