Need a refreshing cocktail this Thirsty Thursday or Memorial Day weekend, might I suggest a Grapefruit Gimlet 🥂?
I hope you enjoy this spin and cheers 🥂!
Some Selection Notes
- Grapefruit Selection – You could use freshly squeezed grapefruit or Simply Grapefruit. Simply products are pure, not from concentrate and they never add any preservatives or artificial flavors, which is why I like them. However, Simply does have added sugar, therefore, I only included 1oz of simply syrup. If you’d rather avoid the extra sugar and like the added tartness, go with freshly squeezed.
- Gin Selection – I’ve shared our Brockmans Gin & Tonic and I raved about Brockmans Gin because of its floral note. For this drink we opted for an extra dry gin because we wanted the grapefruit to be the star. If you like gin cocktails, I might suggest a dry gin for those and save your good gin for the G&Ts!
- Grapefruit Gimlet Garnish Selections – Since we’re in quarantine, my selections are needed more for cooking 😉, but I might suggest a grapefruit wedge or other citrus wedge.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Jigger
- Two Cocktail Glasses
- 4 oz gin, of your choice
- 4 oz grapefruit juice, fresh or Simply Grapefruit
- 1 oz simple syrup
- ice cubes
- Add ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake together.
- Add a few ice cubes into each cocktail glass and strain the gimlet into your glass.
- Enjoy and cheers 🥂!