Pineapple Ham Fried Rice
What do you do if you have leftover Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham and pineapple, you make Pineapple Ham Fried Rice, of course 👍. I love ham leftovers because you’re able to make lots of yummy dishes and this dish is no exception, enjoy.
This recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes and it serves 4 with leftovers.
- 1TBS coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, long grain or jasmine
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly. Set aside a few green tops for garnishing.
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2TBS soy sauce
- 1TBS mirin, you could also use rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or broth from your ham roast
1, Cook your rice and set aside once complete.
2. In a wok or non stick pan, add your coconut oil to heat up.
3. Add your pineapple, ham, carrot and green onions and begin to stir fry.
4. After 10 minutes, add your rice, soy sauce and mirin and stir fry for a few minutes, ~5 minutes.
5. Add your whisked egg, salt the egg a little, to the center of the wok or pan and scramble slightly.
6. Now add your frozen peas and combine everything together with your juice or broth.
7. Enjoy with extra green onions or a fried egg on top.