Salsa verde is one of my favorite condiments because it is so bright and fresh! I’m channeling spring with this recipe because each spring, I plant salsa verde hybrid tomatoes because there’s nothing like your own fresh tomatoes in salsa.
This recipe will make about 2 cups of salsa.
1. Begin by roasting the tomatillos, jalapenos, garlic and onion. Prepare the ingredients and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the ingredients with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes at 350.
2. Once the vegetables are done roasting, allow them to cool and prepare your cilantro and lime.
3. Place your cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest and into a food processor.
4. Pulse until the cilantro stems are chopped.
5. Now add your remaining ingredients into the food processor.
6. Pulse the roasted vegetables until they are broken down.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow the ingredients to come together. This can be stored for up two weeks.