Spicy Chex Mix
This spin on the classic has a salty & spicy punch and it is completely addictive, enjoy!
- 8 cups mixed Chex cereal, rice, corn or wheat
- 2 cups bagel chips
- 2 cups gold fish
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- ¾ cups unsalted butter
- 6 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup hot sauce, I used Frank's Red Hot
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Preheat your oven to 275 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Combine the dry ingredients (the first 4) in a large mixing bowl.
Place the remaining ingredients (the next 8) in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter has melted.
Pour over the dry ingredients and coat the dry ingredients completely.
Spread the mixture onto your baking sheets and place in a 375 degree oven.
Bake for 75 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and toss one last time with the salt and chili seasoning mix (this is optional). Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
Once cool, enjoy and cheers 🍻.
- CAUTION - This Chex Mix has spice, but if you love spice, you will absolutely love this version of the classic.
- I opted not to include nuts, but you certainly could. Chex Mix is one of those snack foods where you can get creative, i.e. nuts, dried fruit, pumpernickel chips 😋, Cherrios, the list goes on and on.
- The mixture will seem wet between tossing, but don't worry because the low temperature cooking will crisp up the mixture.
- This snack mix can be stored at room temp and will last 2-3 weeks (who are we kidding, right?) if stored in an airtight storage container or bag.