Korean BBQ Steak Tips
Whether you like Korean BBQ sweet or spicy, this recipe is for you!
- 1½ lbs steak tips, sirloin
- ¼ cup apple sauce or grated pear
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 TBSP ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), optional if you want Spicy Korean BBQ
For Finishing the Tips
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped Green Onions
Marinating the Steak Tips
In a mixing bowl add all the marinade ingredients. Note: If you want half sweet and half spicy savory, remove ¼ cup of the marinade and set aside. Now add gochujang and/or Korean Pepper Flakes to the remaining marinade for you spicy savory marinade.
Add the steak tips to a storage bag or container and add the marinade. Massage the steak tips with the marinade.
Marinade in the refrigerator for 3-4hrs, preferably overnight for a day or two. Continue to massage the steak tips with the marinade.