Roasted Tomato Soup
Delicious and effortless comfort in a bowl.
- 3 lbs roma tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 sweet white onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and skins removed
- salt & ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch basil, reserve a few leaves for garnishing
- 1 punch sugar, as desired to cut the acidity
- 1 splash red wine vinegar, as desired to sharpen or balance the flavor
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce, as desired to deliver umami
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, as desired to pack the heat
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and toss the tomatoes, onions and garlic in EVOO, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and aromatics to a parchment lined or silicone lined baking sheet.
Roast at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened and the onions have charred.
Add the roasted tomatoes and aromatics to a large saucepan with the chicken stock and basil and let simmer on medium for 10-15 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce to your desired consistency. Allow the sauce to simmer for another 15 minutes.
Taste the soup before serving and adjust the flavoring as needed. Serve warm with great bread, enjoy & cheers 🥂!