Tofu Peanut Noodles
Boy do I have a recipe for you for Meatless Monday! This Tofu Peanut Noodle bowl is delicious and is completely satisfying with the tofu, trust me you will not miss the chicken or beef!
David and I been trying to add more meatless dishes to our weekly meal plan and have pulled out some pretty delicious dishes in honor of the global revolution that is helping reduce meat consumption and supporting general health for ourselves and the planet 🌎.
Hot & Sour Soup – Check out my Hot & Sour Egg Drop Soup and just substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock and remove the chicken and egg.
Red Curry Lentils – If you love curry heat, check out this creamy Thai curry made in the Instant Pot. Two, it’s a great pantry item dish!
Roasted Tomato Soup – Nothing better than Tomato Soup on a cool or cold evening. My version is easy peasy because I roast the veggies and immersion blend the veggies together.
Paneer Masala – Dynamite, ABSOLUTELY DYNAMITE 😋😋😋!!! If you haven’t tried Paneer Masala, you are missing out, so delicious 😋😋😋!
These Tofu Peanut Noodles are no exception on the deliciousness front. It is full of umami and completely satisfying. Also it can be ready in 20 minutes and who doesn’t love quick and easy work week meals. I hope you enjoy and please share your feedback if you try or if you have any other Meatless Monday dishes we can try!
- Noodles Options – I’m using ramen noodle in my recipe, but you could certainly use vermicelli, rice noodles, Soba noodles, Udon noodles or glass noodles. Cook your noodles to al dente because you don’t want them turning into mush once you incorporate them with peanut stir fry sauce.
- Protein – I opted for tofu since this is Meatless Monday. You could also use seitan, tempeh or beyond meat products for Meatless Monday. Of course you could go with chicken or beef too!
- Veggies Choices – I’m going with carrots and green onions because that’s what I have. Bok choy, celery, green beans, snow peas, baby corn, pepper or whatever else would be great. When choosing your veggies, make sure to cut your ingredients so they cook at the same speed.
- Leftover Goodness – Just as delightful the next day!!! This stir fry will last for a few days, 3-4 days in the refrigerator. The peanut sauce will last 1-2 weeks.
Tofu Peanut Noodles
- 8 oz Ramen Noodles, cook as directed to al dente
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated or paste
- 2 tsp garlic, grated or paste
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped and the whites and greens separated
- ½ block firm tofu, remove the excess water from the block and crumble
Peanut Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup coconut milk solids, do not shake the can and skim the solid out of milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP green curry paste, if you red curry paste, if will just be a bit more heat 👍
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP garlic chili sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2+ TBSP water
- Begin by preparing the Peanut Stir Fry Sauce, by adding all the Peanut Stir Fry Sauce ingredients to a medium sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside once well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as directed to al dente and set aside.
- Let's start the Stir Fry, add coconut oil to a large skillet and warm on medium heat. Once warmed, add the ginger and garlic and allow those to get aromatic. Once aromatic, add the green onions and carrot and allow those to sweat out a bit, ~4 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tofu and half the Peanut Stir Fry Sauce and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the noodles and the remaining Peanut Stir Fry Sauce and combine all the ingredients together and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy, cheers!