Korean BBQ Tacos
Korean BBQ Tacos, yes please!
I don’t know about you, but tacos are a favorite in our household. I mean you can pretty much stuff anything into a taco ❤️!!! Two, most cultures have their own take on this universal food 🌎🌍🌏, so for tonight’s Taco Tuesday, I bring you, Korean BBQ Tacos with a crunchy Kimchi Slaw, Pickled Cucumbers, and Sriracha Lime Cream, and boy are they dynamite!
Cut of Beef – You can purchase shaved beef or ribeye steaks and cut the steak thinly yourself 👍
Toppings for your Tacos
- Kimchi Slaw – I threw this together quickly with kimchi, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, and lime juice. If you’re looking for exact measurements, check out my Apple Kimchi Slaw in my Korean Short Rib Tacos post.
- Pickled Cucumber – Again, I threw this together with a quick pickle. Equal parts white vinegar and water, salt and pepper!
- Sriracha Lime Cream – I put this condiment on just about anything, enjoy!!!
- Maybe some Korean tots, use my Carnitas Tots or Kimchi Tots for inspiration 👍
- Or maybe some Korean Nachos, check out this post for some inspo, Friday Night Nachos
Korean BBQ Tacos
- 1 lb shaved beef steak
- tortillas, I'd recommend soft flour tortillas
Marinade for the Beef
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 lime, zest and juice from lime
- 2 TBSP mirin
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP gochujang, Korean hot pepper paste
- Kimchi, chopped thinly
- Green cabbage, sliced thinly
- Carrot, shredded
- lime juice
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
Finishing the Tacos
- Pickled cucumbers
- Sriracha Lime Cream see recipe below
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a gallon bag or storage container and mix until well combined.
- Add the beef steak to the marinade and marinade for at least 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Once ready to cook, remove the beef from the refrigerator and allow the beef to get to room temperature because this will help to cook the beef evenly.
- Add a touch of natural oil to an electric skillet or grill pan and allow it to warm on medium. Add the marinated beef to the skillet once the oil and skillet/pan is warm.
- Cook until the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add vibes of kimchi, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, and lime juice to a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined. Taste and season with salt & pepper, as needed.
Assembling the Korean BBQ Tacos
- Add the Korean BBQ Beef, Kimchi Slaw, Pickled Cucumbers, and Sriracha Lime Cream to grilled tortillas and enjoy!
Sriracha Lime Cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise, I use Kewpie for this cream
- 2 TBSP Sriracha sauce
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add to a sauce bottle and store in the fridge for up to 1 month and enjoy as a dipper with munchies, as a spread on a sandwich or finishing an Asian or Mexican inspired dish.