Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps taste better than any restaurants (i.e. PF Chang’s) and you need them in your recipe repertoire, trust me! Plus, they can be ready in 20 minutes 👍
I was inspired to create this dish for 3 reasons:
- We have an overabundance of lettuce ready from our garden and lettuce wraps are always a favorite with our own lettuce. Note: My greens are mesclun and I would recommend that you use thicker lettuce, like romaine, butter, Boston, or bibb because your wraps will hold much better.
- We’re having record heat right now, so a light and delicious dish is perfect 😉
- I LOVE ASIAN FOOD, enough said 😂
This dish is packed with flavor and so easy to make. I hope you enjoy my spin on the recipe, which has lots of umami and some heat!
- 1TBS of coconut oil
- 1lb ground chicken
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1tsp of ginger, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 of a red pepper, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- I had white button on hand, but I would suggest using shiitake mushrooms
- 3 green onions/scallions, thinly sliced
- Seperate the whites from the greens because you’ll cook with the whites and garnish with the greens
- 1oz can of sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- Sauce for your chicken
- 2TBS of oyster sauce
- 1TBS chili garlic sauce
- You could substitute sriracha for this ingredient
- 1TBS of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1TBS of rice vinegar
- 1tsp of fish sauce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 head of romaine, butter, Boston, or bibb lettuce
1. Begin by preparing your ingredients, including whisking your ingredients for the sauce in a small mixing bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add your coconut oil.
3. Once the oil has melted, add your ground chicken and season with a bit of salt & pepper.
4. Once you get some color on your chicken, turn your heat to medium low and add the garlic and ginger. Saute until the garlic and ginger is fragrant 👃
5. Now add the peppers, mushrooms, the whites from the green onions and the water chestnuts.
6. Saute together for a few minutes and season with a bit more salt & pepper. You’re bringing out the flavors with the salt & pepper 👍 Two, it helps to sweat out your mushrooms during this saute!
7. Now add your sauce and saute together for another few minutes, make sure all the liquid coats your ingredients.
8. In the final minute, add the shredded carrot and some of your green onions tops. Taste the chicken mixture to see whether any additional seasoning is needed and remove from the heat.
9. Serve warm and add a spoonful or two of the mixture to your lettuce leafs and garnish with the rest of green onions. Enjoy and cheers!
One thought on “Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps”