In case you haven’t noticed, “treats” are definitely my jam, particularly during the summer because we do quite a bit of entertaining and who doesn’t like munchies while enjoy adult beverages poolside 😉.
My recipe is super easy and I ALWAYS use fresh chicken. I also add ranch and red onion, which of course is optional. One of the things I love about creating dips, is that they can be created before hand and simply baked on demand, my buffalo chicken dip is no exception.
Not only is Buffalo Chicken Dip great on a corn chip, pita chip, carrot or celery, but it’s also fantastic when you have leftovers and you’re able to stuff it into pizza dough or between two slices of bread 😋.
Here’s a few ways you can repurpose Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Buffalo chicken dip can be stuffed into pizza rounds for Buffalo Monkey Bread. For my Monkey Bread, I simply stuff buffalo chicken dip into pizza rounds and pinch together to create a ball. In between the layers I add extra Frank’s Red Hot and cheese.
- I’ve also been known to make just a single layer of Buffalo Chicken bullets and again that’s simply stuffed pizza dough.
- I’ve also added my dip to an iron skillet and surround it with baked pizza dough for dipping 😋.
- And of course the yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip panini!
But let’s get to sharing that recipe, here you go…
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- I know some recipes call for can chicken, I would suggest using your leftover chicken (which I often do) or cooking up some chicken tenders or a breast.
- 1 block of cream cheese
- It’s easier to work with cream cheese that’s slightly room temperature
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, optional
- 1/4 cup of ranch
- 1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup of your shredded cheese
- I would suggest cheddar or mozzarella
1. Begin by adding all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients thoroughly ensuring the cream cheese is blended well.
3. Now add your dip to a shallow baking dish. Note: I don’t top my dip with additional shredded cheese, but you certainly could.
4. Bake at 350 for ~45 minutes or until the center is bubbling.
5. Allow to cool slightly before serving because it will be HOT.
6. Serve with corn chips, pita chips, bread or veggies.
Enjoy and don’t forget the beers, cheers 🍻