Cheddar Jalapeno Chive Bread
Fall 🍂🍁 is upon us and that means fresh bread 🍞 season is HERE!!!
This bread was inspired by Tasty’s Dutch-Oven Jalapeno Cheddar Bread and I followed the recipe for the most part, but to make the recipe my own, I added chives from my garden! Super tasty 😋, plus super easy to create 👍.
This bread is much like my Cheddar Jalapeno No Knead Bread, however, instead of rising overnight this bread is ready in 3 hours, well actually 🤔 4 hours because the bread needs time to cool!!! Simply mix flour, chives, jalapenos, salt and sharp cheddar together in a medium sized bowl.
In a larger mixing bowl, add warm water, yeast and the flour mixture and mix together. With a spatula, fold the dough around the edges of the bowl into the center, rotating the bowl with the folds, aim for 8-9 folds. Cover with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest in a warm-ish place for 1 hours or until almost doubled in size.
After one hours, fold the bread again and cover for another 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a Dutch oven in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes. Once the last rise is finished, dump the dough on a floured surface and again stretch and fold another 8-9 times. Flip over the bread onto parchment paper because this helps with transferring the bread into the Dutch oven.
Transfer the dough to the Dutch oven, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for 20 more minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and wait patiently for the bread to cool, ~1 hours.
Once cooled, enjoy on its own, with butter, toasted or as a great grilled cheese!
Enjoy this video (working on my video skills 👍)!!!
If you give this bread a try, please 🙏 share your feedback!
Cheddar Jalapeno Chive Bread
- Dutch Oven
- 3½ cups bread flour, plush more for dusting
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 TBSP kosher salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups warm water
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread flour, chives, jalapeno, salt and cheese.
- In a separate large bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Pour the flour mixture on top of the water and use a silicone spatula to stir until the dough comes together.
- With the spatula, fold the dough around the edges of the bowl toward the center, rotating the bowl each time and folding a total of 8 or 9 times.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour or until almost doubled in size.
- Using the spatula, fold the dough toward the center another 8-9 times. Allow the bread to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and once preheated, add a Dutch oven with a lid to the oven. Meanwhile, lightly dust a clean working surface with flour. Carefully peel the dough out of the bowl and onto the floured surface. Flip over and fold the edges of the dough towards the center another 8-9 times, then flip over the dough and transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Once the Dutch oven has warmed, remove from the oven and place the bread and parchment paper in the Dutch oven.
- Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for 20 more minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Once baked to perfection, slide the bread out of the pot and onto a wire rack. Allow the bread to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Slice the bread and serve as desired, enjoy!