Oh snap, homemade cranberry sauce just in time for your holiday meal!
This cranberry sauce hits all the right notes, tart and savory and the perfect accompaniment to your roast turkey or chicken. And might even convert you from the can because it’s easy peasy to make and who doesn’t love homemade!
I hope you enjoy and cheers 🥂!
- Get your cranberries fresh!
- Add a bit of the pulp to deliver more orange flavor.
- Have patience and stir frequently
- Keep refrigerated and use within 10-14 days or freeze for later.
Tart and delicious cranberry sauce here!
- 2 tsp ginger
- 12 oz cranberries, in a bag and rinsed
- 1 large orange, zest, juice and a bit of the pulp
- 1 tsp salt
- Add a small bit of EVOO to a medium sauce pan and warm on medium. Add the ginger once the oil is warm and allow those aromas to awake.
- Add the cranberries to the ginger and stir together with the ginger.
- Add the zest of the orange.
- Add the juice and some of the orange pulp, avoiding the white parts of the orange.
- Simmer on medium low until the cranberries have bursted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add to a storage container until ready to serve.
- Serve at your holiday table on a sandwich or cracker.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 10-14 days.
- You can also freeze in a airtight container.