Have I mentioned how much we love Indian food ❤. Since we’re having game day Vegetable Pakora, I decided Tandoori Chicken and rice would pair nicely for our evening meal.
I don’t have a tandoori oven, but you can still get those yummy flavors simply by cooking in the oven or on the grill. The marinade I use for my Tandoori Chicken is similar to how I prepared my Chicken Tikka Masala, which includes garlic, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, lemon and yogurt.
Indian Spiced Chicken
- ~1 lb chicken, I'd suggest thighs, tenders, or legs
- 2 TBS greek yogurt
- 3 cloved garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 lemon, zest & juices
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Add all the marinade ingredients, with the exception of the chicken, to a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, add your chicken to a storage bag or bowl and cover with the marinade. Mix together and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven at 400 degree. Place your room temp chicken on a baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken has cooked through, ~20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, flip your chicken to the other side. Note: To check the doneness of the chicken, cut one halfway through and if the juices are clear, it's ready!
- Serve warm with rice, salad or any other side. Enjoy & cheers 🍻
- If you don’t have yogurt on hand, sour cream will do.
- I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to save the clean-up mess.