This rice has bright flavors with the saffron and turmeric and is a perfect rice/side dish, you can serve with:
- Don’t forget Jackie’s Eats & Treats Scratch-made Chili Seasoning
- Like my Grilled Flank Steak
- Like my Chili Lime Chicken
- Or my Chicken Tikka Masala
- Or my Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Or my Indian Spiced Chicken
- Or you can even add extra goodness, like peas or carrot 👍
- Don’t be afraid of salt when using great spices like garlic, saffron and turmeric.
- I would suggest soaking the saffron threads for 10 minutes in 1/2 cup of warm/boiling to open up the flavors.
I hope you enjoy!
A fragrant rice and perfect side!
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup warm/boiling water, for soaking your saffron
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Prepare your ingredients and bloom your saffron threads with ½ cup of boiling water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt your butter on medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add your onions and saute for 2-3 minutes. Once the onions become fragrant, add your garlic and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add your rice and toast for a few minutes.
- Add your chicken stock, saffron (with the water) and turmeric and stir together.
- Allow the rice to come to boil.
- Once the rice comes to boil, reduce to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes and DON'T remove the lid until 15 minutes is up.
- Once 15 minutes is up, remove the lid and fluff the rice with wooden spoon or fork.
- Serve warm as a side, enjoy & cheers🥂