Korean Short Rib Tacos with Apple Kimchi Slaw are a match made in heaven with so much umaminess! Check out my Korean Short Rib recipe for creating a yummy short rib ragu, but instead of adding the shredded meat back into the stock for the ragu, just introduce enough stock to provide the shredded short rib with some moisture. Then spread the shredded short rib (or use pork butt) on a sheet tray and place the meat under the boiler to get some crisp.
This post is focused on the delicious accompaniment to the taco, the Apple Kimchi Slaw. The slaw certainly delivers deliciousness, brightness, freshness, heat and crunch for your taco ❤️
Kimchi Apple Slaw
This recipe makes about 3QT (fits in a medium bowl), about one dozen tacos.
Ingredients for the slaw
- 3 cups of Napa cabbage, sliced thinly. You can also use green cabbage if you can’t find napa.
- 4 green onions, chopped thinly
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of cilantro, leaves removed from the stem
- 1/2 of a green apple, julienne slices
- 1/4 cup of Kimchi, sliced thinly
Ingredients for the slaw dressing
- Bit of the kimchi juice
- 1TBS soy sauce
- 1TBS fish sauce
- 1TBS of rice wine vinegar
- 1TBS Sriracha
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1tsp sesame oil
1. Prepare your slaw dressing, adding all in ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
2. Prepare your cabbage, green onions, red onions, cilantro, green apple and Kimchi. Add the ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl.
3. Add your dressing and toss the slaw together.
4. Add your Apple Kimchi Slaw to a tortilla and top with your Korean meat. Add extra cilantro, green onion or Sriracha mayo. And there you have an amazing meal 😋. Enjoy!
Note: You can also enjoy the slaw as a delicious side salad or on top of a burger. This slaw can also be made in advanced and chilled and it will still keep it’s crunch!