I love Olive Salad ❤, the reason being, it’s smeared on a Muffuletta Sandwich, which I adore. I posted this recipe previously when I published my Muffuletta Pinwheels and since I was craving a Muffuletta Sandwich, I made a fresh batch and decided I would bring you this recipe on it’s own 👍. Two, football season is here and my Muffuletta Pinwheels are a great munchie and you can’t have enough naughty “treats” in your football food repertoire 🏈.
Olive Salad is a salad made from green olives, black olives, cauliflower, carrots, red peppers, onions, capers, capers, pepperoncini, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil and vinegar and was made famous by New Orleans because it’s used to make the Muffuletta Sandwich. My version is close to the New Orleans style, but I use jar Giardiniera mix and I omit the parsley.
What makes this salad so great, is that it can be used on the iconic sandwich, as a spread on pizza or rolls, like my Muffuletta Pinwheels, in salad dressing, smeared on fresh bread and it tastes very Mediterranean. If you love pickled goodness, this salad is for you 👍
- 1 jar (16oz) of Giardiniera pickled vegetables, drained
- 1 cup of green olives, stuffed with pimentos, drained
- 1 cup of kalamata olives, drained
- 1/4 cup of capers, drained
- 1/2 cup of pepperoncini, drained
- 1tsp of dried basil
- 1tsp of dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Pulse until you breakdown the ingredients and create a spreadable consistency.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Olive salad will store in your refrigerator for up to 2 months. Shake your container every so often to continue to combine the flavors and vinegar punch.
- Muffuletta Sandwich