Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham
I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of ham; but if you prepare and season it the right way, it can be pretty fabulous.
For Easter 2019, I used the Instant Pot to warm the ham since my Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes were in the oven. The Instant Pot is great because it concentrates flavors and mine was concentrated with pineapple, ground pepper, clove and sumac. The clove pairs nicely with ham and sumac adds some tartness because it’s reminiscent of vinegar or lemon. Once the ham finished in the Instant Pot, I glazed the ham with pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar and this created some great flavoring!
I hope you enjoy this Ham Roast recipe and cheers 🥂!
- 6lb Ham Butt, pre-cooked
- 4 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 white onions, cut in quarters
- 1/2tsp of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4tsp clove
- 1/2tsp sumac
- 3TBS of brown sugar
- 1TBS of honey
- 1TBS of dijon mustard
- 1TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2TBS of apple cider vinegar
1. Add 4 cups of pineapple juice, fresh ground pepper, clove and sumac into a mixing bowl or large measuring cup and whisk.
2. Now add your ham to your Instant Pot with your onion and spiced pineapple juice.
3. Cook for 60 minutes on the MANUAL setting and let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
4. While the pressure is releasing, begin to make your glaze. In a small saucepan, add 1/2 cup of pineapple juice, brown sugar, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar and cook over medium-high heat and cook the sauce for 10 minutes.
5. Once the pressure has released from your Instant Pot, carefully remove the ham and place into a roasting pan.
6. At this point, if your ham still has the skin or excess fat, you can remove it. You can also score the remaining fat with a knife, this will help create extra goodness under the boiler.
7. Glaze the ham using a basting brush.
8. Under high boiling heat, add your ham roast to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown. I would suggest basting once during the cooking process because that will help with the browning and caramelization.
9. Once brown and crispy, removed from the oven.
10. Slice to your desired thickness!
11. Serve with a pineapple slice and Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. I hope you enjoy and cheers 🥂!
4 thoughts on “Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham”