I love chicken wings 😋 My version falls off the bone and is super crispy even though they’re cooked in the oven.
Chicken wings are the perfect snack for game time. Some of my other favorites include Muffuletta Pinwheels, Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Reuben Wontons. What I love about buffalo chicken wings are the tang of the buffalo sauce and creaminess from a ranch or blue cheese dipper.
I’ve tried many different ways to cook wings, but this method is by far the best way. It takes a few steps, but so worth it and you would totally think these are fried 👍 I start by boiling the chicken wings in a pot of water. This step helps to cook off some of the fat to create the crispy skin. I then bake the wings in oven after coating them in baking powder. These are fantastic and perfect for game time, your tailgate or anytime in between.
- I prefer my wings less saucy, which is why I add the buffalo sauce to the wings during the cooking process. If you like saucy wings, feel free to add the buffalo sauce before serving.
- I love combining blue cheese crumbles with my ranch dressing.
- I cook the wings on a wire rack, but if you’d rather avoid that mess, you could bake on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 5lbs of chicken wings, split at the joint if connected
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2TBS of baking powder
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1tbs of cayenne pepper
- For my buffalo sauce:
- 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot
- 1TBS of butter
- 1/2TBS of honey
- 1/2TBS of white vinegar
1. Add the chicken wings to pot and cover with salted water. Bring the water to a boil and boil for 15 minutes.
2. At the 15 mark, drain the chicken and allow the wings to cool slightly and dry.
3. Meanwhile, grab a gallon ziplock bag and add your flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Shake the bag to combine the ingredients. Add your chicken wings to the bag and coat completely.
4. Add the coated chicken wings to a wire rack baking sheet and bake 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
5. Now time for your buffalo sauce, add the ingredients to a sauce pan and warm.
6. At the 45 minute mark, remove your chicken wings from the oven and place in a heat resist bowl.
7. Coat the wings with the buffalo sauce and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
6. Serve with ranch or blue cheese and celery and carrots, enjoy and cheers 🍻