Reuben Wonton Bites
It’s nearly St. Patty’s day and boy do I have a delicious party “treat” for you.
I love a Reuben and creating yummy “treats” with those same flavors. Today I prepared Reuben Wonton Bites for a St. Patrick’s party at work. These are cheesy, crispy deliciousness with all the Reuben goodness. Simply grab a mini muffin tray or two and start prepping.
Reuben Wonton Bites
This creates ~48 Wonton Bites, enough for a party ☘️
Prep time 20-40 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes at 375
You’ll need mini muffin tray(s).
- Cooking spray, butter or oil for your muffin tray(s)
- 2 cup Corned Beef, see my recipe for Corned Beef or buy sliced corned beef from the deli
- 1 package of Wonton Wrappers, 48 wrappers
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 of a can of sauerkraut
- ~1 cup of shredded swiss cheese. You can also use a combination of slices and shredded.
- Enough thousand island dressing for dipping, ~1 cup. *See my recipe below for Homemade Thousand Island Dressing.
- Everything Bagel Spice, optional
I start by combining corned beef with cream cheese in a medium bowl. It’s best if you’re corned beef is in small pieces because these are meant to be bite-size wontons.
Next, I drain the sauerkraut to remove the extra liquid with a ricer.
Spray your mini muffin trays with cooking spray and line each muffin mold with a wonton wrapper and cook for about 5 minutes at 375 to create extra crispiness.
Once the wonton wrappers have a little crisp, remove from the oven and begin adding your layers of goodness. Add swiss cheese to the bottom, then place a spoonful of the corned beef cream cheese mixture, next a small bit of sauerkraut. Finish with shredded swiss cheese and everything bagel seasoning (this adds the extra rye-ish zing).
Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until crispy.
Serve immediately with *Thousand Island Dressing dipper.
You can also refrigerate or freeze for later. I reheated mine right before our St Patty’s party ☘️, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and they actually kept the crisp 👌
*Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- 3TBS ketchup
- 2TBS white vinegar
- Couple shakes of hot sauce, I used Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 4TBS sweet relish
- 2TBS red onion, chops very finely
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed, chopped and turned into a paste
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate for a few hours, if not overnight.