Tacos and Chili, two classics prepared in most kitchens on regular rotation. When I’m making both, I prefer to make my own seasoning versus buying a seasoning envelope from the store. That’s because no additives are included, I know the spices used and I can control spice levels and add additional spice based on my likes. I like heat, so I would suggest removing the ancho chili pepper if you’d prefer a mild spice mix closer to the store package.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2TSB cumin
- 1TBS paprika
- 2tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp cayenne powder
- 1tsp ancho chili pepper
- 4tsp sea salt
- 2tsp ground black pepper
1. Add all ground spices to a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the spices until well combined.
3. Store the seasoning in an airtight container in a dry and cool place.
Note: 2 tablespoons of this seasoning mix equals about one packet of store bought seasoning mix.
Looking for my Beef Taco or Chili recipe, see below!
- Beef Taco – Who doesn’t love a traditional beef taco. Top with your favorite fixings and enjoy!
- Chili – Comfort food classic here. You can make on the stove top, crockpot or Instant Pot.