Jackie’s Italian Dressing
This dressing is a delicious with a creamy component, but without the cream and extra calories.
Use this dressing on salads, including my Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad. You can also use it as a marinade for your chicken and steak tips.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2TBS water
- 2TBS of lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, cut in half
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2TBS freshly grated parmesan
- 3/4tsp garlic salt
- 3/4tsp dried parsley
- 3/4tsp dried basil, or 2TBS of fresh basil, julienne and chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions & Notes
1. Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
2. Blend all ingredients together.
3. Before bottling, taste and add salt, if needed.
- This dressing will store in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise to create a Creamy Italian Dressing.