This is a light refreshing salad with AMAZING flavors 😋 and so easy to make. Just defrost frozen corn, chop up some fresh veggies and cilantro; voilà a salad that pairs wonderfully with tacos, grilled chicken or burgers.
- 1 1/2 cups of grilled corn or frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans, washed and drained
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 of a red pepper, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly and chopped into small cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1tsp of chili powder
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
1. In a medium size salad bowl, combine the corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and avocado. Mix together.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
3. Dress your veggies and beans until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
4. Serve on your taco bar or as a BBQ side salad, cheers!