Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad
This is a light refreshing salad with AMAZING flavors 😋 and is so easy to make. Just grill some corn or defrost frozen corn, chop up some fresh veggies and cilantro; voilà a salad that pairs wonderfully with tacos, grilled chicken, burgers or sausages.
- 1 1/2 cups of grilled corn (when in season, 2 ears) or frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans, washed and drained
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 orange or red pepper, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly and chopped into small cubes
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1tsp of chili powder
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
1. In a medium size salad bowl, combine the corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, pepper, red onion and avocado. Mix together.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
3. Dress your veggies and beans until well combined. Taste and season with salt or ground pepper, as needed.