Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad
This is a light refreshing salad with AMAZING flavors 😋 and is so easy to make. Just grill some corn or defrost frozen corn, chop up some fresh veggies and cilantro; voilà a salad that pairs wonderfully with tacos, grilled chicken, burgers or sausages.
- 1 1/2 cups of grilled corn (when in season, 2 ears) or frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans, washed and drained
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 orange or red pepper, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly and chopped into small cubes
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1tsp of chili powder
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
1. In a medium size salad bowl, combine the corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, pepper, red onion and avocado. Mix together.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
3. Dress your veggies and beans until well combined. Taste and season with salt or ground pepper, as needed.
4. Serve on your taco bar or as a BBQ side salad with grilled goods, like my burger, marinaded chicken or flank steak; enjoy and cheers 🥂.
6 thoughts on “Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad”