New Year’s Resolutions and 2019 Staycation Recap (including food and drink)…
Happy New Year all! I hope you rang in the New Year with celebration 🎉🎊 and surrounded by those you love ❤.
Now that we’ve entered 2020, I’m wondering whether anyone else created a resolution? I’ve made a few related to the foodie journey I’m sharing with you and as I shared in my New Year’s Celebration post, I’m resolving to spend the time needed to build a brand and increase my followers. I think this will require talking with a professional or two to acquire the skills required for food blogging, presenting my recipes and understanding the insights from my social media sites, i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and on the World Wide Web 😂 via WordPress. I’m certainly looking forward to continue my adventure because I enjoy sharing and creating!
Well onto my Staycation recap…I feel like my nieces and nephews and here’s what I did on school vacation 😉… My Christmas staycation was full of delicious food & drink (much of which was created at home), many puppy (aka Sonny) walks, catching up with friends and much needed R&R ❤.
Since this is Jackie’s Eats & Treats, I need to share some of the delicious food & drink from staycation 👍, so here goes…
- Christmas Eve featured Chicken & Bacon Alfredo Stuffed Shells with homemade garlic bread and a spinach salad with my Italian Vinaigrette. This comfort dish was creamy and delish 😋 and I’ll be making this again! I think it even impressed Dave 😉! I will be sharing this recipe soon👍.
- Christmas Day featured my epic Roast Chicken & Gravy, veggies that roasted with the chicken and Dave’s famous potatoes. We also enjoyed some Whiskey Blackberry Lemonade Cocktails before dinner with some yummy french cheese from Trader Joe’s, Fromage Pavé. This cheese is only available during the holidays and so AMAZING 👍.
- For Boxing Day, we visited Stripe Nine Brewing in Somersworth, New Hampshire for yummy wood fire pizza and beer, check out my Instagram plug here. Photographed below, is a pepperoni and onion and their Stripe Nine pizza, which features pork belly, roasted garlic puree, jalapeno, cilantro creme, pickled red onions, goat cheese and beer braised cabbage. Very tasty pizza!
- We also did a Happy Hour pub hop with some friends in Dover, New Hampshire! Those are potato and cheese perogies with a short rib ragu from the Dover Brickhouse 😋.
- My weekend prep before New Year’s was full of kitchen slavery 😂. All kidding aside, it was busy creating yummy food:
- Finally, New Year’s Eve & Day – For NYE I featured Chorizo Lasagne with my homemade chorizo. This was sinful and delicious spin on the classic dish and I’m anxious to share it with you. For New Year’s Day, we attended a brunch with our neighbors where I featured my Hashbrown Casserole. This casserole is always tasty and a total crowd-pleaser.
Some of these dishes have already appeared on Jackie’s Eats & Treats, but for those that haven’t, i.e. Spicy Chex Mix, Verde Chicken Soup, Chorizo Lasagne and Hashbrown Casserole, which are you most looking forward to? I know my favorite was the Chorizo Lasagne and I can’t wait to share that one.
I hope you have fabolous year, full of love, good health and prosperity. And thank you for joining me on this food adventure journey and I hope you stay plugged in 2020, cheers 🥂!