New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp is an absolute favorite in our household. Keep in mind, these aren’t grilled or served in BBQ sauce. These are prepared in butter sauce flavored with Louisiana Hot Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, creole spice, lemon and white wine and are so incredibly tasty!
Typically you see BBQ Shrimp served with bread so you’re able to scoop up all that butter and spice goodness!
These shrimp can be served as a main dish or a munchie. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb shrimp, fresh or frozen. Note: if you go frozen, aim for 16/20 per lb count.
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, no harm in adding another TBSP if you want extra sauce for your bread
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly and separate whites from the greens
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon, zest & juice
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- ½ cup white wine
- salt & pepper, for seasoning
- If the shrimp are frozen, remove from the bag and place into a strainer to defrost the shrimp. If you want to speed up the defrosting process, run cold water over the shrimp.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- In a large nonstick pan, add 1TBS of butter and add the shrimp once the pan is hot, medium high. I would suggest 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second if cooking on medium. Note: Flip the shrimp once you see pink in the tail, being careful not to overcook
- Once the shrimp are done, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Now add the remaining butter, garlic and the whites from the green onions to the same pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, creole seasoning and continue to saute.
- Add the white wine and cook for another 3-4 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt & pepper, as desired.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan with the lemon zest and some of the green onion tops (reserving some for garnishing). Now coat with all that butter wine goodness.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with fresh bread, enjoy and cheers 🥂!