New Orleans BBQ Shrimp is an absolute favorite in our household. However, these aren’t grilled or served in BBQ sauce. These are prepared in butter sauce flavored with Louisiana Hot Sauce, Worcestershire, creole spice, lemon and white wine, so tasty!
Typically you see BBQ Shrimp served with bread so you’re able to scoop up all that butter and spice goodness! These shrimp can be served as a main dish or a munchie. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb (I use th 16/20 per lb count) shrimp, fresh or frozen will do
- 2TBS of butter, you could add butter more if you’d prefer lots to scoop up with the bread
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 sliced green onions, separate your whites from the greens
- 1tsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1TBS of Worcester sauce
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1tsp of creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup of wine
- Dash of ground pepper and sea salt
1. If your shrimp are frozen, remove from the bag and place into a strainer to defrost the shrimp. If you want to speed up the the defrosting process, run cold water over the shrimp.
2. Peel your shrimp.
3. In a large nonstick pan, add 1TBS of butter and add the shrimp once the pan is hot. Cook your shrimp, being very careful not to overcook. I would suggest 3 minutes on each side, you’ll know it’s cooked once you see the pink.
4. Once the shrimp are done, remove from the skillet and set aside.
5. Now add the remaining butter, garlic and the whites from the green onions to the same pan and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add your hot sauce, Worcester sauce, lemon juice, creole seasoning and continue to saute.
7. Add your wine and cook off same of the alcohol, ~5 minutes.
8. Add your shrimp back to the pan with the lemon zest and green onion tops. Now coat with all that butter wine goodness.
9. Finish with dash of fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
10. Serve with fresh bread, cheers!