Old Bay Hot Crab Dip
I love a yummy dip and this dip is no exception with crabmeat, cheeses and spices and it’s the perfect “treat” on a summer Friday night or when entertaining friends and family poolside, campside, lakeside, oceanside or fireside. I used the traditional McComrick Old Bay® Hot Crab Dip Recipe as my base and made some modifications based on ingredients I know fit well in cream cheese dip or with a crab cake. I hope you like my spin on the classic crab dip 😋
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 2TBS of sour cream
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 of a small red onion, diced and chopped
- 2tbs of lemon juice
- 1tbs of Worcheshire Sauce
- 1/2tsp of Ground Mustard
- 2tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- Couple dashes of hot sauce, I used Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1lb of Lump Crabmeat
- Chives or scallions for garnishing
- Dipping ideas:
- Fresh Bread
- Toast Bites
- Pita Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add your mayonnaise, sour cream, 3/4 of the shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, red onion, lemon juice, Worcheshire Sauce, ground mustard, Old Bay Seasoning and hot sauce in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix well together.
4. Now fold your crabmeat into the cream cheese deliciousness and toss very gently because you don’t want to break up the lump crabmeat too much.
5. Add to shallow baking dish and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for ~45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
7. Garnish with chives or scallions and serve with the dippers of your choosing. Enjoy and cheers 🥂
Guess what, with the leftovers you can create crab cakes or a crab melt 😋