Chorizo Monkey Bread
It’s Thirsty Thursday friends and in celebration of my 1 year of food blogging, I wanted to delivery a tasty “treat.”
I’m also delivering this post to provide you with some inspiration because monkey breads are the perfect Friday night or weekend munchie and last Friday my homemade chorizo made its debut in the form of cheesy pull apart bread!
What I love about savoury monkey bread, is that you can add multiple fillings to the dough balls depending on how you’re feeling and what’s in your fridge and/or freezer, like meatballs, spinach and artichoke dip or our favorite buffalo chicken dip ❤. Check out my buffalo chicken dip recipe here, if you’re after a yummy Buffalo Chicken Monkey Bread.
Anywho onto this recipe…my Chorizo Monkey Bread was absolutely delicious and I think it might be our new favorite. I mixed the chorizo with red onion, green chiles and cream cheese and it absolutely delivered creaminess with a bit of heat. The heat was additionally cut with a lime cream dipper making for a delicious Friday night tidbit 😋!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and cheers 🍻!
Chorizo Monkey Bread
- 1 (12oz) pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for dashing your working surface
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- ¼ red onion, cut into slices
- 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
- 8 oz cream cheese
Sour Cream Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce, I used Louisiana Hot Sauce
Prepare the Chorizo Mixture
- Begin by warming the EVOO and add the ground chorizo. Cook for a few minutes, breaking up the chorizo.
- Add the onion and cook until the onions are translucent and the chorizo is cooked.
- Now add the chopped green chiles and cream cheese and stir together until the cream cheese is mostly melted.
- Set aside until you're ready to stuff into the pizza dough.
Prepare the Lime Cream
- Add the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and combine together. Set aside until you're ready to serve.
Prepare the Chorizo Dough Balls
- Begin by stretching the pizza dough and preheating the oven to 375 degrees.. Use cornmeal to prevent the dough from sticking to the work surface.
- Cut the pizza dough into 2×2 squares.
- Now add a spoonful of the chorizo to the center of each pizza square.
- Pinch each square into a ball and begin adding the balls to greased bundt pan. As each layer is created, add a layer of mozzarella cheese and continue to add the dough balls.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with the lime cream. Enjoy & cheers 🍻!
- This Monkey Bread has some heat, but if you like heat and/or chorizo this is for you!
- You could also add cilantro to your lime cream, I didn’t have any on hand which is why it isn’t included in the recipe.