Pepperoni Garlic Monkey Bread
I’ve got another Monkey Bread for you (check out my Chorizo Monkey Bread here) and we all need some comfort food love right now, am I right 😉?
I LOVE ❤️ a good Monkey Bread on a Friday night because we always go tidbit-style on Friday nights and nothing is better after a work week than delicious finger foods with a cocktail or two 😉. The other reason why I love Monkey Bread is how quickly you can create the deliciousness. Monkey Breads are essentially dump and done, which is perfect on Friday night or before a crowd arrives 👍.
What makes this Monkey Bread better than some you can find online is that it combines Pepperoni Monkey Bread and Garlic & Cheese Monkey Bread, I mean how can you go wrong with Cheesy Pepperoni Garlic Monkey Bread 😋!
I hope you enjoy this Monkey Bread and please share your feedback if you give it a try 🙏
Biscuit Type – I used Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layer Butter Tastin’ Biscuits, but any biscuits would do.
Preparing the Biscuit Bites – I cut my biscuits into quarters and then I rolled them into individual balls.
The Spices & Ingredients – My recipe calls for fresh garlic, which I believe adds to the greatness. I used 3 cloves of garlic and I think it was the perfect amount and not too garlicky; however, if you have picky eaters, adjust your garlic as you see fit since the recipe also calls for garlic powder. I also include red pepper chili flakes, which adds some extra pizzazz. If your crowd doesn’t like added spiciness, you could omit. Fresh parsley is also included and adds color and freshness in my opinion. However, if you don’t have that on hand, you could omit or use fresh basil, instead. I added dried Italian seasoning, so if you don’t have freshness on hand you will still get some of those great Italian seasonings. For my cheeses, I used grated mozzarella and Parmesan, which created the most AMAZING cheese pull.
Make sure you use good quality mozzarella because the good stuff has delicious milky flavor.
Coating the Biscuits – Many recipes suggest dipping your biscuit balls into a butter mixture. That could certainly work, but so does dumping everything in a mixing bowl and ensuring the biscuit rounds remain separated.
Here’s some other Monkey Breads to satisfy your taste-buds…
Buffalo Chicken Monkey Bread – Stuff my Buffalo Chicken Dip into biscuits or pizza dough and layer with cheese to create deliciousness!
Pepperoni Garlic Monkey Bread
- 8 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, quartered
- 25 pepperoni slices, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, leaves removed from stem and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated or shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- salt & ground pepper, for seasoning
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and quartering the biscuits and melting the butter in the microwave.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the garlic, parsley, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, chili flakes, mozzarella, and Parmesan and mix together with some salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the biscuit quarters to the bowl and begin to cover in the cheese garlic parsley mixture, adding the butter in phases and keeping the biscuit quarters separated.
- Once the biscuits look well coated and are separated, add to a greased bundt pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture in between layers and on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the over and cool for a few minutes before placing on a serving platter gently with marinara sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and enjoy, cheers !