Week 3 for sharing my meal plan and inspiration! After yesterday’s Seacoast Winter Beerfest (which was so fun), I’m feeling comfort food for this Oscar Sunday and the Instant Pot is calling my name.
Week of 2/24
- Instant Pot Hamburger Helper – While looking for inspiration this morning on Pinterest, I came across Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac on the Foody Schmoody Blog. Winner, winner for comfort food on a cold rainy Sunday.
- Italian Gravy – I have some frozen ground pork and I’ll grab some beef bones today at the supermarket to make some Italian Gravy during my day off tomorrow. Stay tuned for that recipe!
- Marinated Pork Chops – I’ve also found boneless pork chops in my freezer and I’ll marinade those this afternoon with lemon and garlic.
- Shrimp Scampi – The freezer came through on this one too.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole – This casserole creates enough food for an army and I typically make it when I know we’ve got a weekend ahead of us because it makes for amazing weekend brunch, Poached Egg with Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
Let the freezer be your friend when planning meals for the week and don’t let things get lost in there. Each week as I plan my meals for the week I always search my freezer first for inspiration and I target items that need to be used (I don’t like protein hanging out in my freezer for too long). What are your secret to meal planning?