Hot Caramelized Onion Dip
Caramelized onions and cheese, yes please! This dip has great flavor and is a perfect dip for a summer campfire and those fall days ahead of us 🍁🍂🍃 It is inspired by the traditional store bought onion dip, but I take it to the next level with caramelized onion, Lea & Perrins Original Worcestershire Sauce and a brown seasoning sauce. Many of my dips contain Worcestershire Sauce because it’s a pungent sauce which contains vinegar and garlic and what dip doesn’t want that punch 😉
You know I love my dips and if you like an onion dip, be sure to try my spin on the classic dip 😋
- 2TBS of olive oil
- 2 large white onions, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 2TBS of white wine
- 1tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1tsp of a brown seasoning sauce, like Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 mixed into the dip 1/4 on top of the dip
1. Begin by preparing your ingredients.
2. Now add your olive oil to a saute pan and warm the oil at medium. Add your onions once the oil is ready.
3. Time for caramelizing the onions, which will take some time, plan for ~20 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Now time for patience and don’t forget to stir those onions from time to time because you want your onions to sweat and get nice and brown.
5. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, add your cheeses.
6. Once the onions are ready, add your garlic and saute lightly.
7. Now deglaze the pan with white wine and after a minute or two, add your Worcestershire sauce and brown seasoning sauce.
8. After you combine the sauces with the onions, add the warm onions to the mixing bowl of cheese and cream together.
9. Once combined, add the dip to baking dish and top with a bit more cheese and bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes.
10. Serve with veggies, toast bites or fresh bread. Enjoy and cheers 🍻