I’ve got you covered for TGIF! Friday nights are the time for tasty “treats” and bites in our household, something super easy after a week of planned meals and work.
Tonight’s recipe is Pimento Cheese which is a favorite! Pimento cheese has become mainstream in restaurants and you’ll find it as a starter or “small plate” or on a grilled cheese or burger 😋, which of course intrigues me 👍.
My spin is much like the southern classic and I love adding lemon juice and zest, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and Louisiana Hot Sauce.
Pimento Cheese Spread
This recipe will make ~2 cups
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 jar of chopped pimentos
- 2TBS mayo
- Couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Couple shakes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed, chopped and turned into a paste
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of ground pepper
1. Prepare your ingredients.
2. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
4. Mix together, ensuring the ingredients are well combined.
3. Once mixed, scope into a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving because you want the flavors to develop!
5. Enjoy on toast bites, crackers, pretzels, tortillas or go wild using the spread on a grilled cheese, burger or fried green tomato!