I’ve got some cheesy pizza tots for your lockdown due to COVID-19 😋!
Before you self-isolated, I’m hoping tots made their way into your freeze and that you also have cheese, pepperoni and tomato sauce on hand 👍. Now grab a mixing bowl and let’s get moving on some tasty treats! I hope you enjoy and cheers 🍻!
Some Cooking Secrets:
- Tot Secret – These cheesy pizza tots can be made with cauliflower tots and you would never know the difference because they’re smothered with cheese goodness and tomato sauce.
- Muffin Tin Secret – I used a mini muffin tin and while they were delicious, the size was a challenge for packing in all that cheesy goodness; therefore, I might suggest a standard muffin tin if you want a more substantial muffin 👍.
- Cheesy Secret – These tots include mozzarella and pub cheese, which creates the deliciousness. My pub cheese of choice is Président® Garlic & Herbs and this spread delivers some yummy flavor in this recipe. If you don’t have pub cheese on hand, no worries because you’ll still have cheesy goodness without!
- Tomato Sauce Secret – You can certainly use a store bought tomato sauce, but if you’re looking to create a delicious and easy sauce at home, check out my recipe in my Beef Braciole post.
Pizza Mini Muffin Tots
- Cooking spray or EVOO
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 oz grated mozzarella cheese, reserve some of the mozzarella for the finishing your tots
- 4 oz garlic & herb pub cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni, either use mini pepperoni or cut your pepperoni in bite sized pieces
- 1 (16oz) bag cauliflower or potato tots
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees and greasing the mini muffin tin with cooking spray or EVOO.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, garlic & herb pub cheese and pepperoni and mix together. Note: Reserve some mozzarella for on top of your muffin tots.
- Add the tots to the mixing bowl and combine together.
- Pack into muffin cups and top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through the center.
- Serve on a platter and enjoy, cheers 🍻!