This past week was full of ham inspired dishes and I documented each dish because I amazed myself with the deliciousness of each meal and how far you can stretch ham leftovers. HOLD ONTO THIS POST IF YOU HAVE A HAM LEFTOVERS AFTER A HOLIDAY MEAL!!!!
- Sunday Easter Instant Pot Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham & Creamy Scalloped Potatoes – Oh boy, did I out do myself with this meal and I would strongly encourage you to add these two recipes to your favorites. Perfect meal for any holiday!
- Pineapple & Ham Fried Rice – Quick and easy work week meal with leftovers! You know me, I hate waste in the kitchen and pineapple slices inspired me to create a tropical fried rice. 🌴🌺
- Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad – I stumbled across this dish while looking on Pinterest for ham leftover inspirations. I’m always a fan of a warm salad, especially with Italian flare. 😉
- Ham & Kimchi Fried Rice – Again, I completely out did myself with this spin on Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice. This recipe was inspired by an Amazon delivery of Fish Sauce and Soy Sauce. As you can imagine, I follow many celebrity chefs and most Asian chefs suggest Red Boat Fish Sauce and I needed that condiment in my pantry. The same is true for my Bluegrass Soy Sauce. If you like cooking Asian dishes, I would recommend these upgrades to your pantry!
- Ham & Cheese Pillsbury Biscuits – Yum, the ultimate Friday night tidbit! Cheesy goodness and quick and easy to create!
Thankfully, the ham is done after these five meals; although I did freeze a small portion on Sunday because the entire ham didn’t fit in my Instant Pot.
~PHOTO QUALITY REFLECTION~
After looking at this montage of photos, I’ve decided my Canon EOS Rebel needs to join me in the kitchen because I need to up my game with my photographs. The cell phone makes documenting dishes very easy, but I need better quality and you deserve that 👍!
~COMING WEEK MEAL PLAN~
So, you ask what does Jackie have planned for this coming week? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I do have greens that didn’t work their way into my work lunches, since my ham dishes created lunch leftovers instead of my typical salad. Those greens will find their way into my work lunches this coming week.
I’m also planning a trip to Trader Joe’s because Sonny 🐾 needs his favorite treats after his annual vet appointment yesterday. He got a clean bill of health, but we received the news that we have a senior puppy; so our senior puppy deserves his favorite, Peanut Butter Flavored Dog Treats. I’m sure the aisles at Trader Joes will inspire my cooking in the next week, so fingers crossed 🤞
What’s inspiring your weekly plan?