Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Buffalo Cauliflower bites are tangy and delicious and so easy to make!
And if you add some blue cheese or ranch, you absolutely take it to the next level of DELICIOUSNESS 😋!!!
While I love the buffalo wing, for this Friday Night Tidbit, I wanted to introduce a healthier spin to my buffalo repertoire. Cauliflower has an impressive nutrition profile because it is high in fiber, a good source of antioxidants, may aid in weight loss, among other benefits and when you treat cauliflower right, it’s super delicious!
As I mentioned above this recipe is easy peasy! I simply cut the cauliflower head into bite sized florets and washed and dried completely! I then mixed together milk, buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic powder and garlic salt and shook vigorously in a gallon storage bag. Then flour, baking powder and salt & ground pepper were added to the same bag and again shaken together. Once cooked to perfection, I added more buffalo sauce and finished in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Easy peasy and so tangy, delicious and satisfying 😋!
I hope you enjoy these tangy nuggets, enjoy and cheers 🍻!
Cutting the Cauliflower – You want to use fresh cauliflower and cut into bite sized florets. Keep the bites even pieces so they cook at the same speed, approximately 1inch, to create texture and bite! I’d avoid frozen cauliflower since it has more water content. However, if that’s all you have, I’d blanch quickly and drain, before placing on a towel to remove the excess moisture. The kitchen towel is key to drying and keeping your cauliflower dry before baking.
Wet Mixture – I used both milk and buffalo sauce; along with paprika, garlic powder and garlic salt; to create tangy florets. This added extra spice and deliciousness. However, if you have sensitivity to heat, maybe avoid the buffalo sauce in the wet mixture.
Buffalo Sauce – My recipe calls for Frank’s Red Hot because it’s my favorite. You could certainly just add the Frank’s because you can put that $#!t on everything 😉, but my recipe does call for some butter and honey. Again, if you have heat sensitivity, adjust the flavors by adding less hot sauce and more honey.
Garnishing and Dippers – I used chives, but green onions would work great too. For dipping, I would suggest blue cheese ranch or combine the two for a yummy dipper 👍!
Serving Suggestions – This recipe is a perfect party snack, a meal for two or you could serve with Super Creamy Mac & Cheese or Creamy Caesar Salad and substitute the grilled chicken with the buffalo cauliflower.
Looking for Other Buffalo Inspired Dishes – Check out my Crispy Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese, Chorizo Monkey Bread which has a Buffalo spin and my Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce my go-to to Frank’s Red Hot
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt & pepper, for seasoning
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce, my go-to to Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp red vinegar, optional
- 1 handful fresh chive, snipped
- ½ cup blue cheese or ranch
- Begin by cutting your cauliflower head into bite sized florets and preheating the oven to 400.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic powder and garlic salt.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a gallon storage bag and add the milk mixture to the bag and mix until well combined.
- Now combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake together until well coated.
- Grab a baking wire and cookie sheet and arrange the florets on the baking wire.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add the buffalo sauce ingredients and simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium low.
Finishing and Serving the Buffalo Cauliflower
- At the 20 minute mark, remove the cauliflower from the oven.
- Add the florets to a large mixing bowl.
- Now add a bit of the buffalo sauce to the mixing bowl and mix until the florets are coated in buffalo sauce.
- Add back to the baking wire and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with chives and a blue cheese or ranch dipper, enjoy and cheers 🍻!
One thought on “Buffalo Cauliflower Bites”