Memorial Day Weekend Eats & Treats
It’s the unofficial summer kick-off and no better way to spend a quarantined weekend than creating delicious food to accompany your holiday beverages and R&R. Keep reading this post if you’re needing inspiration and cooking sanity this holiday weekend because I’m highlighting my favorites for the perfect summer celebration.
Dips & Bites – Jackie’s Eats & Treats loves a great munchie, so much so, I have a Munchies section to my website. Below are some of my favorites munchie dips and potential bites for our Memorial Day weekend 👍.
- Pimento Cheese Spread – Pimentos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, onion, mayo, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and lemon juice whipped into deliciousness. This Southern classic is my go-to dip and I’m thinking it will make a debut this holiday weekend.
- Salsa Verde – I love bright dips and this charred version is delicious.
- Queso Fundido – Chorizo and cheese, yes please 😋!
- Patriot Charcuterie Board – I don’t know about you, but I love a Charcuterie Board. Have fun creating one themed with red, white and blue edibles.
- Nachos – Why not some yummy nachos with your refrigerator leftovers? Two, if you need something to keep the kids entertained, Nachos might do the trick ❤️.
Grill Time – No better way to spend a beautiful weekend then grilling up some goodies.
- Marinated Grilled Flank Steak – This is a total crowd pleaser because the meat is so tender and incredibly flavorful with a salty kick.
- Chili Lime Soy Marinated Chicken – My go-to chicken marinated because it’s delicious and so easy to make. If you don’t have lime, lemons work well too. This marinate also works well with Tofu.
- The Perfect Cheeseburger – I mean you can’t go wrong with a perfect cheeseburger on a holiday weekend, am I right 😉?
Salads & Sides – If you need a great salad or side for your grilled dinner or lunch, here’s a few of my favorites.
- Apple Spinach Salad – This salad has a mustard kick and is sweet and savory ❤️
- Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad – Pepperoni, pickled veggies, cheese and freshness make this salad absolutely delicious.
- Mexican Black Bean & Corn Salad – The perfect salad for my Chili Lime Soy Marinated Chicken.
- Watermelon Arugula Salad – This simple and delicious classic is perfect for the warm weather and it also pairs well with my Marinated Grilled Flank Steak.
Adult Beverages – Cocktails also have their own category at this website because David and I can create some AMAZING beverages. Keep reading this section if you’re needing a cocktail to ease the pain of quarantine!
- Whiskey Blackberry Lemonade – This is a refreshing Whiskey drink that is typically featured during holiday celebrations in our household.
- Strawberry Lavender Lemonade – If you have lemon and fresh or frozen strawberries, this drink could be yours, just substitute the lavender infused Vodka with regular vodka.
- Watermelon Daiquiri – If you’re able to get your hands on a fresh watermelon, this is a great spin on a daiquiri🍹!
- Grapefruit Gimlet – This cocktail just dropped on Jackie’s Eats & Treats and has refreshing tartness!
I hope this post helps inspire some of your holiday weekend celebration. While we’re all quarantined, we can still enjoy the great outdoors with fabolous eats & treats. You can find many other delicious recipes at my site, just poke around. Stay safe, stay at home and enjoy the holiday weekend, cheers 🥂!