Boy do I love Tzatziki, that creamy cucumber yogurt dip is so delicious. I’ll admit that I LOVE all Greek “treats”, e.g. Greek Gyro, Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Saganaki Cheese, Greek Salad. I love the clean & simple flavors of Mediterranean food; EVOO, mint, garlic, dill, oregano and parsley; so yummy and fresh 😋
Tzatziki is one my favorites and it’s super easy to make to make at home. Simply add greek yogurt to bowl with grated cucumber, garlic, mint or dill weed, some EVOO, lemon and vinegar/citrus and you have a delicious dip/spread ❤
Tzatziki is used as a yummy accompaniment with:
- Grilled, charred or fresh pita
- Veggies; e.g. peppers, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, etc.
- Sandwich or gyro, don’t forget to check my yogurt marinated chicken gyro recipe
- Grilled chicken, like my chili soy lime marinated chicken
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Tzatziki?
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, seeds removed and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- Juice & zest from 1/2 of lemon
- 1TBS of fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1TBS of EVOO
- Salt, for seasoning
1. Grab a mixing bowl and add your greek yogurt.
2. Shred your cucumber and squeeze any excess moisture from your cucumber with a paper towel or cheese cloth and to the yogurt.
3. Next, add your garlic, lemon juice and zest, dill weed and combine the ingredients together.
4. At this point, taste your tzatziki and add salt, as desired and your EVOO and again mix until well combined.
5. Transfer to a smaller dip bowl or storage container and refrigerator until you’re ready enjoy, cheers 🥂